Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Day of Love



So here I am, quite possibly more bored than I have ever been (and that's saying something)listening to mine and my roommate's playlist aptly named "I hate Valentine's Day!" thinking about how much I hate Valentine's day. The current song is "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi (My fav). I didn't know that a person could feel such contempt for a day, but here I am loathing everything that signifies love. I didn't come to this feeling on my own, but rather I've been conditioned to hate V-Day since I was in 5th grade. I liked a boy and he gave a teddy bear to another girl. It's been all down hill from there. I just feel like living in Provo I am constantly already aware that I don't have a flashy diamond on my left hand and a baby growing in my belly and this day just makes it 10 times worse. It's not that I don't apprecite love, I love love as a matter of fact just not when it is embodied by a couple making out in front of me and the light turns green and then I'm stuck until they're done. It happened on the way to church and I did not handle it well. I know that I should be happy for all of you that have found "the one", but for this one day I kinda hate you. Don't take it offensively, I'll be over it on Tuesday when I'm in a chocolate coma and my eyes are red from sobbing. I know one day I will meet a boy and then I'll be the one making single people throw up in their mouths because I'm so in love I can hardly stand it. But until then I will hate Valentine's Day with my entire black heart and soul. I might boo people coming home from dates or throw stinky socks at people on the street who look like they might be in love. I'm not a psycho, just a girl who has had her heart trampled a time or two or ten, but who's counting... So all of you love birds out there, I know it's your day, but show some sympathy to those of us who are ridin solo. I'll do my part and stay home will the blinds closed and my anti-love music blaring, just don't let me hear you giggling on the door step across the hall or a pineapple might hit you in the face. One day I'll join you, but for now I hate you and everything you choose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment