Sunday, January 30, 2011

What a Day!

Yesterday was a busy day. My sister is in town for the weekend and I turned her into my personal slave. I think she kinda liked it. Our first mission was to beautify my classroom. I am probably the coolest teacher ever, but I wanted to make the kids believe it.
Here are some of the new additions.














My kids draw me pictures of the most random things. I have everything from a ninja army to a bowl of Capn Crunch. They will come running into the classroom during passing period and say, "I drew this for you during class." They love that I immediately clmb on the cupboard and hang it up or if I'm feeling really nice I'll let them put it up. It's so fun!


I love my posters, especially my huge Rosie the Riveter. Of course I stare at Jimmer all day long. I want my kids to see that all kinds of people can be our heroes. I love Einstein as much as I love Mohammed Ali.

I'm sure this probably isn't very exciting, but right now I'm at school for almost 12 hours a day so it's kinda my life. I'm trying to make it a place that reflects who I am, but also where my kids feel safe; even if it is only for 45 minutes.


I was so glad my sister was able to come and see what I do. My roommate Michelle, aka the sweetest person alive, also came to help. We had fun and I loved spending the day with my two favorite people in the universe. They spent three hours helping me with everything.


After that, Janell helped me clean my room and get rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm not gonna lie, my room was GAARRROSS! I'm not home very much so I hadn't really noticed until Janell barfed in her mouth when she walked in. I am so lucky to have the best big sister alive. She is the best example of service and kindness I have ever seen. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I was overwhelmed with everything and now I feel like I'm kinda on top of things.
Thanks sissy poo!

1 comment:

  1. Oh too sweet you are. I had a blast with you and cant wait to make you my slave when you come down here. Actually you will become my patient!! HAHAHAHA (Dr Kevorkian Style) Oh and sis please never call me "Sissy Poo" again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete