Sunday, December 12, 2010

AHHH!!

So here is what I look like on the outside:


Calm, cool, collected; you'd think I've got it together...


FALSE

Here's what my insides look like:


I feel as though I am always on the verge of a serious meltdown. Teaching junior high is a lot harder than it sounds. I am sometimes up all night worrying about how my lesson is gonna go, or wondering if a certain student will be at school or if his family problems will keep him home again.

To be honest, I would love to be going through finals week right now. I'm probs the weirdest person around. I have forgotten what it feels like to be a college kid. I wish I could have a week where I was back taking classes and staying up until all hours of the night. Instead, here I am counting the minutes until my 9:00 bed time. WHAT HAVE I BECOME? Oh yeah, an adult...barf. That's how I feel about that. Don't get me wrong, I adore most of my 230+ students, but sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock and play for a little bit longer. I'm at such a weird spot in life. I'm on my own, but don't want to be. I have a real life job, but it scares the crud out of me daily. I yearn for a social life, but don't have the time or energy to put in the effort that I need to. So what does all of that mean? I just do my best everyday to make it without crying. I try to laugh until it hurts because that makes everything better, even if only for a little while. I talk to my mama and daddy everyday because they keep me grounded and moving forward. In the end, the best you can do is try...and that's about all I can do right now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is life is kinda hard and I'm sorry to my long lost friends. Here's a shout out/ apology to you. I'm not dead, just REALLY busy. I would rather be playing with you instead of telling pubescent boys to quit hitting each other and stop distracting the girls from getting their work done. But I know that it is all worth it! I am going through growing pains right now and that just means I'll come out the other side better, stronger, and hopefully a lot closer to the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to adjust to being a grown up and totally miss college. Doesn't it make you wish you slacked off just a little bit more :) Stay tuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I got to see you last night :)! I hope you are doing well. I am sure you are the best teacher (and shortest haha). Love you Jolene. Keep up the awesome work. -- And yes adult life is scary but it also has some amazing bonuses. Get out and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene, you can make it through! Stick through it and you will know why you had to go through it someday. Always know you have a great family backing you up too!

    I'm also glad you started a blog, because I really do love hearing about your life. Keep it up girl! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete